VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got yet another question...
I had the resonator taken off of my 1994 VW Golf III GL 2.0 Liter about 2 years ago. I had a muffler installed the was straight through design...for about a week. I couldn't stand the interior noise it caused. I had the stock muffler put back on. The stock muffler with no resonator sounds very raspy. I now have a chance to buy a Dynomax muffler. My question is this...

If I get it, and I know that it isn't a straight through design, will it be raspy like the stock muffler? I was told that it would flow better than the stock muffler. I was curious about what everyone else thought.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
yes, it will give you better exhaust flow... it should be a deeper tone than the stock muffler.... without the resonator on i can only guess that you will get a decent tone but you will still get the rumble in the inside also. i had a 96 vw golf 2.0 and removed my resonator and installed a Brullen muffler with 2 and 3/4 inch pipe from the cat. the noise didn't bother me at first but if i wanted to talk to someone or listen to the radio, forget it! it wont give as much noise as a strait through, though. hope i helped!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts