VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious is anybody running eBay clutches.

Also is it possible that my clutch is slipping at 5k and nowhere else and under no other circumstance? At about 5k I have a wierd happening. I don't know if it can be misfire, it doesn't always happen but it's like the clutch lets go and there is a slight loss of power but it doesn't effect the rpms much. You can hear it make a slight sound but I can't really tell if it is misfire or not. Can't make a video won't be driving car till June.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
We put a eBay clutch in my brothers fiance's Mazda 6. It seems to work fine. I think the brand was exedy or something.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you get one off ebay, I would steer towards an exedy or get an oem sachs. I know I have seen them on there a lot cheaper than buying at a brick and mortar store. The only problem I have with buying parts on ebay is that most parts will have no warranty. Any item that is going to be a pita to install or that could cause catastrophic failure steers me towards buying the highest quality and with a warranty.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
ebay is that most parts will have no warranty. Any item that is going to be a pita to install or that could cause catastrophic failure steers me towards buying the highest quality and with a warranty.
Even parts with warranty it's not of much use. A clutch cost 100$ and the labor on it is 10-20 times that, which won't be warrantied.

Buy brand name if it's ebay.

·
Registered
132 Posts
if your going to go ebay stay away from f1racing, I had a clutch from them last 30k, I'd personally go with southbend, have one of those now and it is buttery, plus I've had a friend get 80k out of his

1 - 11 of 11 Posts