VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been talking to the other guys at my work and they are telling me that if i get the Eibach Sportline kit that it will need additional modifications. I wanted to know for sure that I wouldnt be buying a mod that wont even work without additional stuff. If anyone has this kit on stock shocks or knows that it will work without complications your posts are appreciated. ~ Dan

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
If you are buying the Eibach kit sold by Volkswagen, they will work with your stock shocks/struts...they lower your car to the height of the optional sport suspension, and the spring rate is a little stiffer. If these are different from the VW/Eibach kit, then they probably go lower, and your stock shocks won't hold up very long. You don't have to install new shocks/struts with new springs, though I would highly recommend that you do, so you don't have to remove and install your suspension twice.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
if i remember correctly sportlines lower to about 2". if that's the case then u need a new sport shocks(like koni yellows or bilstein) FOR SURE and you might need a rear sway bar.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
You won't NEED a rear sway bar (although definitely a good idea), but you will need an aftermarket front sway bar to clear the driveshafts after lowering it. I would recomend the H&R Front Sway bar, since it isn't much larger than stock and therefore shouldn't lead to much more understeer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
109luvr is right, if you lower the car a lot, youre going to need a new front sway...you wont need a new rear one, but i highly recommend it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok this is what they said at my work. They also said that I would only need an extension or end piece or something on the sway bar that makes it have clearance. Has anyone heard of this? I think i remember them saying this bc they said it would obviously be cheaper than a whole sway bar. Thanks in advance. ~Dan

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Yes i have seen this drop links before but can't seem to find them now; sorry. But I will keep looking...

Found these though:

VF Engineering Drop links

I believe they are stock size, but they are much stronger than stock. I'll keep looking for those extended drop links though...

·
Registered
60 Posts
OK, speaking from actual experience, I installed the sportlines on my car about 2 years ago. NO other modification was needed, no sway bar, no struts.. I didn't even align the car, (probably should have). However the ride quality never changed. I just upgraded to 18" OZ Crono Evolutions and after 25k miles all my stock 17" tires were evenly worn. The springs lowered the car about 1.8 inches...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts