VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2003 a4 4-9-03 180hp,looking to find a boost control of some type pref. an electric one,does any one know where or if its even possible!? My MOD list will be very long in the future!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
One of the popular ones is the Split Second BCS. I would check them out. I had it on my gti for a little while and liked it. www.splitsec.com
jon

[ April 10, 2003: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SHeeat I totally forgot bout them, thanks for that bro, But have you seen any that displays #s rather than dots?lol sorry just a little picky.....thanks agin!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I've seen them but not sure what they are off the top of my head. i'll see what i can come up with.
jon

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Im sure Greddy makes one, but I don't know if it is applicable to our cars.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the 411. yeah I know what u mean buy other cos.having EBCs but applications are limited to hondas. Ass's

·
Registered
158 Posts
don't waste your $$ on an elec MBC. It's not something you really are gonna adjust on the fly anyway. You can get one that works BETTER here....... 20vturbo.com

we put one in a friends last week and he had a elec MBC and it never worked this good- mine should be here soon

But remember w/o a chip if your boost spikes past 15-16lbs. you will go into "limp mode"

-I bet I know what your next question will be.....

·
Registered
158 Posts
its a safety feature built into the programing of the ECU. Whaen you are stock, if you boost more than 15-16 lbs then the ECU cuts the power of your engine to where you can only boost about 5- your car turns into an instant slug. You can reset this by turning the car off then on . When chipped it ususally does not hit limp til 24-25 lbs,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts