VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I have had the car the passenger side electric window has never worked. I took the door apart soon after I got the car and it started working, but failed again shortly after I put the door back together. I have since learned to deal with it but recently decided to fix it. I got a new window motor from a junk yard and tried a different door wire harness, with no luck. With the junk yard motor installed the motor would spin for about 20 sec then stop and not work again until I unplug and replug the negative terminal. The same results with the alternate wire harness. With the original motor installed I don't get any rotation of the motor, only a clicking sound and the cabin light dims slightly. I have not tried changing the actual window switch but testing it with a volt meter showed that it is passing voltage. I have checked every inch of wire on both doors for damage all the way back into the dash board. There was some stripped insulation on the driver side but not damaged wire. All the other window work flawlessly. What am I missing here, I am about ready to take it to a mechanic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts