VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a very strange problem and I was hoping someone could help me figure out what it is.

I have a 2007 polo 1.9Tdi and something odd is going on with the electronics. There are a number of things happening but I think these are all symptoms of one main problem. So lets go through them …

• The headlights dim when manoeuvring slowly, especially when steering hard e.g. parking. (This was the first problem I noticed).
• When driving slowly or if I go over a bump in the road, the stereo cuts out and then comes back on again.
• Also, when driving slowly or if I go over a bump in the road, the ABS light and what looks like the handbrake light comes on followed by 3 long beeps. The lights then go off again and the ABS works fine.
• Occasionally whilst driving the power steering light will come on and I will loose power steering. I have to restart the engine to get it back again. Again this seems to occur whilst driving slowly.
• And my personal favourite… sometimes when I press unlock on my key fob, instead of opening the doors…..the alarm goes off.

It seems to me that there is some sort of problem with the power flowing to all of these electronics which causes them to glitch if I am using a lot of power e.g. steering heavily or using the stereo etc. somebody suggested that it could be the power steering fluid running low and so the power steering pump is working overtime looking for fluid which can cause the dimming of the lights etc. However, this does not explain my alarm problem or the fact that some of these problems occur when I go over a bump in the road. I suspect (and hope) that this is down to a loose connection somewhere but I really could do with some help on this.

I would be very grateful for any input from you guys,

Ben

·
Registered
310 Posts
It sounds like a bad ground? ive had them mes up some pretty weird things. I think one might be stopping my car from starting right now :/

1 - 2 of 2 Posts