VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgot to mention this, that when I got back in the car the second time and the ticking had restarted, when I pushed the hazard light button, the alarm went off! That is, the horn started blaring (guess there must have been some juice left). I don't know if this helps or just confuses the issue . . .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a problem with my alarm also. Look in the junction betreen the door and the body of the car. The rubber tube which holds the wiring sometimes has pinched and broken wires. My alarm wires were pinched and broken so when they touches the alarm would randomly go off (which was real fun on the highway). This could also be the problem with the battery most likely a short inside the door. So I would first look at the front driver's and passenger's door ire junctions before anything else. I hope this helps.
~tesla

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had the alarm disabled on my GF's '96 jetta because the alarm had some fault in that would set the alarm off, and not let the car start.... Until today that solved the electrical problems.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts