VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i installed fog lights (hella 500's) on my jetta 2.0 today and i just went for a night drive to see how they worked and everything is ALL MESSED UP. when i started it up it idled roughly, it is chilly but not nearly as cold as it has been and i never had problems. it shifted very poorly as well. i waited till it warmed up and it persisted. heres the deal 1) less pressure in clutch pedal, eps. early in its travel 2) idled very roughly even after at full op temp 3) revs dropped very quickly during normal shifts, didnt hang there for a sec like normal 4) turned on factory radio and it says "safe" cant get it to work. all i did was disconnect the battery and i reconnected everything properly, what is the deal here, the whole feel of the car changed after this, are the electronics on this car that touchy?

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Here is what I recommend. This is most likely caused by the ECU. Basically it's confused. Try discontecting the battery again for 10 minutes; then reconnect. Then drive the car live normal. Give that a try you may just need to reset the ECU.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the advice, but i am not sure if thats it. i unhooked the battery and left it that way for 45 minutes. i hooked everything back up and took it out for a drive, letting the engine get warmed up. the problem has not gone away. when i put the clutch in the revs will drop below idle and the tach needle kind of bounces and then settles around normal idle, but will bounce again after a while. when i shift the revs will drop much more quickly than usual, making them clunky and jerky. i guess i will have to take it to the dealer and get them to check it out unless there is any other advice out there, it is much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts