VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of days ago, the fuse blew in my car, the one for all the interior stuff, including the main power locking device, and the lighting for my deck. At first I thought, hey no big deal, just a fuse. Now, the dash tells me my hatch is open, my deck wont turn on, the power locks dont work (all the doors lock if you lock either the drivers door or passenger door) and everytime I try and stick a new fuse in the holder, it sparks and the fuse automatically blows. Any idea what is causing this? More importantly, any idea how to fix it? To top it all off, the gas door is hooked to the power locks, so right now I cant open it. I was planning on driving into Calgary, 15 minutes north of my town, but I dont know if Ill make it on the gas I have!! PLEASE HELP!!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
if you changed your stereo or added an amp and sub make sure everything is run properly and all connections are solid. the interior fuse is normally the first to go if a power lead is running to ground as the interior and stereo fuse are the same in most models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts