VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a week or so of rain, me going to and from work I finally got the chance to take the dub to the wash. Pulled up the car wash bay and noticed that the front end needed special attention. TONS of bugs piled up and beaten into the car from driving to and from.
Washed and rinsed the car and finally started to dry and low and behold the bugs remained!!!!!! Sat there at the lot using adhesive/bug remover and lots of elbow grease, then using a bug scraper sponge (the ones with the netting). Didn't get me anywhere after all that!!!!
Sitting in my driveway I was looking at it, tried some more with the bug juice stuff and finally got fed up. Worried about the finish looking really bad, I used 3M Finish restorer to kinda shine her back up thinking to keep it at least looking good from a distance till I got to my boy's body shop. THAT STUFF (3M FINISH RESTORER) TOOK OFF ALL THE BUG CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To the boys working at that company.........THANK YOU!!!!!!

PS-taking pics after I fully wax that entire car with that stuff tommorrow night!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
stupid bugs!!! they turn my nice and clean dub into a death mobile. one time i must have had at least 30 bugs all over my bumper and headlights!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Ugh...I know how you guys feel...it was sooo bad last year when I drove to FL!

·
Registered
500 Posts
An easier way to take bugs of is with panty hose and regular car wash soap. It works like a charm! I drove my car from VA to CA, could you imagine bug build up from Oklahoma, Texas, and New Mexico!! That was nasty. I stopped in Roswell and went to a DIY wash station at 1 in the morning to clean it I was was so fed up

G

·
0 Posts
bugs suck man....i hate when u just get done cleaning yer dub ya leave yer house fer 5 mins...and you get back and the fronts covered

·
Registered
158 Posts
i am feeling you all on the bugs. i hate bugs. just as much as i hate in the winter the salt and cynders. it kills our dubs.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
bugs piss me off! but up in WA we dont have many. just damn pollen! it blows cuz i will wash my car, and 5 minutes later it will be yellow!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I also found out that wd40 on the dead bugs works too!After wards just throw some wax back on and you are as good as new!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts