VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no clue whats wrong. I'll be driving in either 1st or 2nd picking up speed and all of a sudden it feels like someone is touching my brakes and i jurks back and forth and then it stops. Just today it stalled twice in 2nd today. Everthing justs shuts off. But after i get in 3rd it runs fine. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i dont have any problem starting it but the problems happen when i'm going around a turn so the rpms are probably low. But when i'm going around a turn i'm in 2nd so its not like the rpms are so low to cause it to stall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i forgot it does stall sometimes when i start moving from a dead stop. It s weird though cause the first time it happened was like a week ago and now all of a sudden the problem starts again.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do you experience the power loss when you start from a dead stop? aproximately what rpm range is the power loss in?

·
Registered
180 Posts
Well here is what i suggest... since you don't experience the problems untill your moving or until you put load on the engine im thinking that it could be a bad plug wire... try giving it a tune up (new plugs, wires, cap and rotor) and see how that goes... another suggestion would be to check your fuel filter and possibly replace that and also your air filter and mass air sensor and clean them... let me know if any of this helps....

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It turns out that the vaccum hoses were bad. The stuff u suggested was what i thought was wrong to. Thanks anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts