VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mornig guys, got a question that's been bugging me... does anyone have any idea why my engine will (for what appears to be no apparant reason) start shuddering, like there's a fuel blockage or it's going to stall.

i'll be happily driving along and then this will happen. it's happening with alarming frequency, but not consistently. this is affecting power. i've checked for holes in my exhaust in case that's affecting it...

it also does this when i'm idling. the idle actually seems erratic at times. yet others it idles fine just below the 10!

your help, as always, is appreciated!

G

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by G:
... does anyone have any idea why my engine will (for what appears to be no apparant reason) start shuddering...

i'll be happily driving along and then this will happen...

...it also does this when i'm idling...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only time I've gotten anything close to what you are talking about is when I drive pretty hard on the highway and finally get off onto surface streets. It is like the idle reajusts itself to discontinue the high speeds. It is like the car lets out a sigh after its done doing wind sprints.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Does this happen more often when the Cruise is engaged? I heard somewhere that occurs more frequently when cruise is engaged.

It happened to me once or twice but never again, so I didn't bother looking into it in much detail.

[ May 23, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts