VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced being able to start their car w/o having the clutch engaged??? This is bugging me out. Just tried it when my Check Engine light went on and Bam...car started. My engine seems to also want to shut down on a cold start around 1100RPMs. Had 3 out of 4 coils replaced pretty recently, so I'm not sure what it may be. Any ideas???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have an appt. on the 24th. Can't wait to hear their explanantion.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
my uncle in Europe has a SEAT and his car starts w/o the clutch being in... i guess its a US safety thing

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
my old 87 jetta used to start without the clutch. i loved it! but it is a safety feature on our vw's. that's odd it shouldn't do that.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Its on the MK4 and audis, as for cold starts, any engine bitches at you when its cold, takes alil befor the coolant is a warm enough to be relased into the system, and its like 50 degress in the chamber then a 700+ degree blast, its hard on engines.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I always put my feet on the brake and clutch. its a habit I guess. Im pretty sure if the car is out of gear, you can start the car without the clutch being in. ?

·
Registered
777 Posts
well, the romote start install on the 6 speed ws-6 calls for "bypassing the clutch" wich involves cutting a wire..... i know comparing gm to vw is like comparing apples to oranges but its probably a loose wire... or a rat chewed through one
lol

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Your clutch position switch might be faulty. As long as you don't care, it won't make a difference in the way the car runs. This switch is similar to the brake light switches that always go bad in Mk4 VW's, except the CPS is blue, and the BLS is black.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts