VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is probrably in the archives, but I'm too lazy to do a search right now..
I have a 1.8 8v Jetta (1987) and was thinking 'vout a swap for more power. Question is, as far as reliablity goes, what's the best? I know the 1.8 is bullet proof, I had an '83 rabbit with 350 000+km's on it before it rusted out on me.And that I beleive was a 1.7. If I do a 1.8T, what should I get from the donor? Some say the whole front end of the car!! This could be a possiblity for me, but is it really necessary? Sorry for the ignorance, but I'm new to the VW swap idea... I used to be a Fiero junkie becuase of the engine swaps, but I picked up this Jetta for a winter car and never stopped driving it!! I'm hooked on VW's again!!

Any help would be appreciated..

P.S anyone want an '86 Fiero?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PKJetta:

P.S anyone want an '86 Fiero?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dont want it but my uncle has a 88 that is in mint condition. All original except the battery and has only 12,000 miles.
jon

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
A friend of mine has a 2.0 16v in his golf gti.Yhe power is there to keep up with a vr6 to about 60mph.I would go with that .

·
Registered
175 Posts
2.0 16v yay, 1.8t played out allready! my opinion.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The 2.0 is a cheap one initially, but costs pile up when you mod it. The 1.8t will cost a lot initially, but they're very cheap to mod. It kinda depends what hp/tq you're going for and how much you wanna spend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts