VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i've narrowed the swap options down to either a 2.0 16v or a g60. i would most likely do a turbo on the 16v but the g60 is just great. ideas? suggestions? comments? concerns? please help me decide

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i would say the 2.0 16v cuz g60 will wear out your motor faster and you can make hte 16v a lot faster then an 8v with a g60 i believe

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
hey bluemk2 if u get the harrisburg patriot newspaper this past week there was a 84 rabbit gti with a 16 valve motor in it with some motor work done to it. they wanted 1500 obo but im not sure if its still in there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do a G60 turbo. Drop the G60 motor in and swap a turbo for the charger. The motor is already set up to handle boost, just turn it up a bit with a turbo.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I would go with a 2.0 16v .Then put on a turbo and nos bottle and the car maybe unstoppable!Also you may want to cam the motor and chip it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
first off dont use nos. just turn the boost up :p second im pretty sure the g60 is just a regular 8valve with a better head gasket. im gunna run a 2L block with a 8 valve head and a copper head gasket cause they are reuseable and its inpossible to blow them. only about 100 bucks for one. plus they raise your compression so you can run more boost. only thing you gotta worry about is stock cis can only provide enough fuel for 9 pounds of boost.You can pull a vacum regulator off a audi 5000 that has cis and run up to 13 punds i think. 1 bar of boost will almost double your hp, and thats 13.7 pounds of boost i believe. well hope that helps. only thing i havent figured out is how im gunna keep my tranny working. mk2 tranny dont last long with 200 hp running threw them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
personally i'm gonna swap out my 16V 2.0 and drop in a g 60 motor...that what i hope i have to find one first.the motor has 119,000 on it..

·
Registered
32 Posts
we;; first off i gotta find one but i'll keep in touch with ya nd see..i'm not sure yet...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts