VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi: New to the forum. BTW, I love this place. People are so damn nice & helpful. My question is I have a 2003 GLI & want to buy the Hella foglights w/ the Euro switch, I don't want to use the remote that comes with it.

I went to www.parts4vw.com but the price is $95.00 large! Is there another place to pick this part up & a better price? Also, do I need the wiring kit for $50.00 aswell?

Just sold my 98 Jetta GLX (that had fogs) & I simply can't live w/o foglights! I live on the ocean in New Engaland & they are simply a must.

Any insight would be appreciated from the VW experts in here.

Regards,

Alex

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
CLICK ME

buy it from this guy!!!!

all i can say is good things about him. i sent him a pay pal and he responded very quickly! he sent it the same day i paid him and received it 7 days later!(it took that long b/c i live in canada)

as for the wiring i'm not sure about that but someone else will post the needed info.

[ August 13, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow...You just saved me $58.00 plus shipping! Thanks so much for the link!!!! I really appreciate your post. Now, just need to know if I need the wire kit (I think I do). Again, many thanks!

Alex

PS: I won't install this. Do you think it's hard for someone that knows what there doing?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i found this link for you. it basically tells you how to install fogs to your euroswitch. check it out and see if you need that wiring.

CLICK ME

i think that a person who knows what they are doing will have no problem installing this.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I used the wiring harness that came with my hellas (non remote version) very easy install. the only thing different then the hella instructions is that the trigger wire (yellow on my harness) goes into the Euroswitch, everything else plugs right in. Are you putting the micro de kit in?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jimmy C: No...I'm not. I couldn't together a $100.00 cooking grill if I wanted to. I would have someone else do it. Only thing that scares me is going thru the fire wall to get to the euro switch. Now, I'm a bit worried. Usually, I'm a total "stock" guy so I don't want any issues with me rig.

Alex

·
Registered
174 Posts
Alex - getting thru the firewall is the easiest part. There is an empty grommet smack in the middle of the engine bay. If you can tighten screw, you can do this install.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I am originally from Beverly and now I live in Salem when I am not at school, we should get together sometime and wash our cars and cruise around...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts