VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
i think that my friend got his for around $60, im not sure where he got it though. but dubwink if u see this help vw013 out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What's up!? I got mine at Ebay Brand New for $41.00. Yep! $41.00 SO if you're thinking about getting one go and check there...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
HA! mine was 40$ beet ya by a buck. SUCKA!
got it on vortex. look in the classifieds.

·
Registered
433 Posts
yeah i would def. get in on a group buy for the switch... how much do u think that u can get em for db?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If we do go through a Group buy please let me know!!! I am already looking to buy those Ecodes from Momentum Motor parts, got some money to play with and looking to get this car going.

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK. I'm new and a dumbass to most things VW. I'm trying to change that...

What is so special about the E code headlight swithch? I know that it has a switch for foglights, similar to the one in the Beetle.

But, Jettas don't have foglights, do they? None I've seen do, and I work at a VW dealer (just started).

I've seen the E code headlights have integrated fogs, but where are they? Do they replace the daytime lights, or are they separate?

I also know that the Euro cars have a rear foglight. What is that?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
OK I will get a price from my vendors this week. It seems enough are interested in getting the switch. For the newbies this is what we are going to get:

European Golf/Jetta 4, New Beetle, B5 Passat Headlight Switch

Activates headlights, park lights, front and rear fog lights, and allows you to disable Daytime Running Lights.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
OK I will get a price from my vendors this week. It seems enough are interested in getting the switch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm in.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'm in. let's finally get a group by done!!!
jon
(ps. Lets go Bucs!! 34-9)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Let me know; I'm in on the group buy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'ld like to get in too.

How is the wiring for this? will it mate directly to the factory harness?

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sb dodger 81:
I'ld like to get in too.

How is the wiring for this? will it mate directly to the factory harness?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect fit. No re-wiring. I will clean up this thread and gather the list of who's in and how much. More info to come....real soon!

·
Registered
18 Posts
One more question db. I am eventually going to add fog lights, does vw use a universal wiring harness or am i going to have to run a wire to the front-end for fogs?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I read on another board that once you get the e-code switch, you can simply add fogs (on a Jetta) by tapping into the wiring harness under the radiatior, thus elimitating the need for morons like me to mess with running wires from the battery, and through the firewall. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts