VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've had my gti 1.8t for almost two months now and I've decided to get Euro sport cat back exhaust. I can get it for $550 and I was just wondering if anyone can get it for cheaper. Also, if anyone has this exhaust would you recommend it and if you could tell me anything about it (how it sounds, etc.) I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
my friend had the 2'25 euro sport exhast and it sounded like crap when he was just chipped then when he upgraded to T28 it had an even shittier sound. then this one guy I met up with he is chipped and he has the new desing I beleave it is 2.5" and 3' tips or something like that and it sounds great not too loud sounds like a mk3 vr6. nothing loud.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say it sounded like crap what did it sound like? But my 1.8t is stock so does that make a big difference?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
There are niceer brands than Eurosport out there. I would personally go with TT, Milltek or Thermal. There are members here with all of those, and they all love them. Click here to read a test of several 1.8T exhausts.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
For the price you wanted to pay for eurospot, you could easily pick up a TT for close to the same. Do youself a favor and get a DP awhile.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I personaly have a techtonics turbo back exhaust on my car and i love it i love the gain I got out of it as well as the sound.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
take a look at the milltek setup. They retail new for 590ish but its not uncommon to see some on sale in the vortex classifieds.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've got the Euro Sport 2.5" cat-back, no complaints, perfect fit great finish and it looks like 2002.5 stock exhaust. Got mine from parts4vws.com for $500. Also, you can go on the european car magazine website, they did an exhaust comparo on a chipped 1.8t Jetta. The eurosport was among the top 3 in performance gains...I think the top one was a autotech...

·
Registered
60 Posts
BTW what year is your car? If it's a 2002 or older you would need to replace the lower rear valence so that the muffler tips of the eurosport will clear...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts