VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard great things about both exhaust catback systems..I have a 1.8T so which would you guys recommend and why? I can get euro for 550 and miltek for 600. Most of the sound clips for both exhausts suck and I can't hear anything

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, but why?? What makes it better??

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Build Quality and Sound. Eurosport is a good comapny don't get me wrong, but their exhaust are lacking...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Because based on reviews it says that euro sport had the best tone but miltek wasn't reviewed so it's tough to compare the two..which is quieter?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Eurosport..sound is perfectly aggressive when you get on it, and almost perfectly quiet when just cruising down the road...Did you see the exhaust comparison that Europeancar magazine did ? Its on their website...

·
Registered
777 Posts
lets put it this way, i drive down the beach 4 times a week with all that nasty beach sand and there is not a speck of rust on mine, milltek comes to you ready to put on, the pipes are bent right every time, every bolt is quality, when you torque down on them you worry about your tool.. not the nuts and bolts, when you drive on the highway you dont even know its there...no hum but when you get on it you know its there, weighs a little less than the beer cooler you'll pull out from under there, i could go on and on..

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So you have no problems with it Ivan? Is it easy to install?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Miltek has just about perfect fittament too. And tone is all personal opinion so how can you just read a review and state that it sounds better then the rest. Everyone has their own prefrence on sound. If the price is close, the Miltek just because of its reputation for build quality, sound, ect.

·
Registered
777 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
Miltek has just about perfect fittament too. And tone is all personal opinion so how can you just read a review and state that it sounds better then the rest. Everyone has their own prefrence on sound. If the price is close, the Miltek just because of its reputation for build quality, sound, ect.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

im in total agreement here, if there was a 150+ price difference i can see going with the cheaper one, but over 50 bucks... id kick myself in the ass if i got the cheaper version!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Problem with it? No. Easy to install? Yes.. The only thing is that it is made for GTI's with the "4-motion" lower rear valence. If you go to the parts4vws website you can see a picture of the exhaust installed...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I have heard Eurosport sounds a little ricey. I have no evidence to back that up, but I do have the arugments of several members saying to go with Milltek.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Then what's bad about euro?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
nothings wrong with eurosport, it will be a cheaper (price wise) system compared to a miltek system. Miltek definately has a bad ass exhaust tone though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts