VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can find a eurosport muffler(just the muffler), yeah i might be gay but i just like the looks so any help would be appriciated.

or another nice muffler would be nice

not too loud either

thanks

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
i regret saying this, but cruise vwvortex cuz there are a lot of 20th/337 owners that are getting aftermarket exhausts and will be looking for someone to buy their stock exhausts...

just a thought

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
go for a nice remus exhaust. my friend has just the exhaust on his 2.0 and it sounds very nice. a very low rumble that increases a little bit at higher rpm's. remus is a little bit expensive but it's good!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Are you just getting the muffler and not the whole exhaust because of money issues, or you just don't want the whole exhaust for some reason? And if so, I would get a different brand muffler, like Borla maybe.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
both money reasons and just because i dont want a whole system. im probably getting a muffler free plus the whole system might mess with my warrenty i really just want the look and a little sound

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
both money reasons and just because i dont want a whole system. im probably getting a muffler free plus the whole system might mess with my warrenty i really just want the look and a little sound<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I highly doubt it'll do anything to your warrenty.
jon

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if a service tech can in anyway blame an aftermarket piece for the warrenty work they most certainly will do so

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
if a service tech can in anyway blame an aftermarket piece for the warrenty work they most certainly will do so<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i'm not saying your wrong but give an example. Personally i haven't known one person ever getting a voided warrenty because of an exhaust.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
It won't void your warranty. I specifically asked the service manager at the dealership I bought my car from for parts that would not void my warranty, and cat-back exhaust was the first thing he said. As long as it starts AFTER the cat, you're all set. And if you think about it, if a catback exhaust voids your warranty, a muffler would too...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
It won't void your warranty. I specifically asked the service manager at the dealership I bought my car from for parts that would not void my warranty, and cat-back exhaust was the first thing he said. As long as it starts AFTER the cat, you're all set. And if you think about it, if a catback exhaust voids your warranty, a muffler would too...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are all the things he mentioned? I am just curious.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Well, I just remember him saying exhaust, then he talked about why different things would void the warranty. For example, an intake will void it because of the oil in the air filter. He pretty much said if something is in any way linked to a broken part, the warranty will be voided.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts