VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i was wondering what the difference between the Eurosport cold air intake and the regular cool-flo intake is. it states that the coolflow gives about 3-8 hp and for the cold air intake it doesnt state anything.

plus they are only a 10 dollar difference which is better?

P.S. is this good for my 2001 2.0?

[ February 18, 2003: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
The diffrence is that the one in the first pic will pull in cooler air since it sits lower then the one with the metal heat sheild. Either one would be good i think. If anything it will allow your engine to breath easier.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
exactly! and one is more likely to get water in it

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so the cold air intake will get water in it if im correct. is there any other intake systems you guys recommend for the 2.0(soon to be supercharged)?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have an Injen CAI. I dont drive the car in the rain so I dont have to worry about water. Sounds really cool with the sc. Had to modify it to fit with the sc though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I had to cut the plastic intake between the maf sensor and the t.b. and installed a silicon coupler. Gonna go to NGP an try to get them to make custom piece to replace plastic hose.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey i had a cold air intake for 5 years with my old car, my 95 integra. Never once did i get water in it, and i live in CT. I drove in the rain and in the snow. I just bought a AEM cold air intake for my 99.5 Jetta and it works like a charm. If i had to say anything about it i would say go for the cold air and dont worry about the water.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I have a carbonio CAI, and where the filter goes down, it will not get wet. It goes down in the inside of the front fender. from what I hear, it is really hard for the filter/intake to get wet. works well, and looks real good-real carbon fiber. boosted bora-abd makes a big bore part that replaces that plastic hose. (I think)-does this part replace the black "flexi-tube"?
ABD

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i know a certain someone who has one of those for sale for a mk3 down in classifieds..

·
Registered
324 Posts
You know, if you have your heart set on Cold air induction, you can always get a bypass valve for like 40 bux more. I live in Oregon which is like the ULTIMATE rain test, wince we see the sun 2 days out of the year. SO, if it works well here you can bet your ass everywhere else will too!

·
Registered
433 Posts
if you want a CAI go with a bypass valve, it is really worth it. water got into my intake and holy crap is my car screwed up right now, and i have the cool flow. here is the post on that FLOODED and also yeah i have an abd big bore for sale if any is interested abd big bore

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanx, which CAI do you guys recommend? Eurosport? ABD? AEM? INJEN? Ractive? CARBONIO? which one will give me the best sound and/or performance gains?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I recommend carbonio. It really sucks air in real well-you can hear it, its like a vaccum(sp?).but here is a pic of how it looks-keep in mind, that is REAL carbon fiber, no fake shit here:

and it goes farther down than some other ones-like freedom designs doenst go down in the fender like this one does.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts