VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found this video on another forum and i love it!

it shows what a finely tuned 1.8t can do!

what a race! i hope u enjoy!

RIGHT CLICK AND SAVE ME

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
That's awesome. Can't wait till my baby can do that.

Haha..I was on elkton road in newark last night and a saturn tried to race a hooked up Evo. The Evo stayed with him off the line, and when he got bored, he took off and left the saturn in the dust. My Gti stayed with hi pretty well but, I definitely didn't race him at the next light.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
That was an APR Stage III car. I do like the EVO's alot, but stock for stock, they are not as quick from a roll as people think. They are pulling mid to low 13's with their AWD launches, but only getting trap speeds of 99-102mph. Any 1.8T with a APR chip on 100 octane, and a full turboback exhaust will see the same trap speeds as them. I would love a chance to get a rolling run with one of these guys just to see what would happen.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Dong:
That was an APR Stage III car. I do like the EVO's alot, but stock for stock, they are not as quick from a roll as people think. They are pulling mid to low 13's with their AWD launches, but only getting trap speeds of 99-102mph. Any 1.8T with a APR chip on 100 octane, and a full turboback exhaust will see the same trap speeds as them. I would love a chance to get a rolling run with one of these guys just to see what would happen.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Big Dong, can't agree with you on this one. That video doesn't really tell the whole tale. A guy here has one and I "met" him on the road. That thing spanked me silly rolling and from a stop. Granted I was running the 93 program, however he was bone stock. A couple of bolt on mods and that car with school any stage 3 out there, even from a rolling start as heat soak is a MAJOR problem of the stage 3. Did you guys happen to read the new write up in Sport Compact Car? Granted it's not the best mag out there, but it expains the Evo quite well.

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: cyaneye ]

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueRabbit0886:
the stg 3 GTI still slapped it around and called it susan
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, for this race...I'm sure there was more there than we know about. I'm all about dubs owning the road, however it would be foolish to think you will run an Evo. Go ahead and try...just bring you camcorder.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaneye:

Sorry dingdong, can't agree with you on this one. That video doesn't really tell the whole tale. A guy here has one and I "met" him on the road. That thing spanked me silly rolling and from a stop. Granted I was running the 93 program, however he was bone stock. A couple of bolt on mods and that car with school any stage 3 out there, even from a rolling start as heat soak is a MAJOR problem of the stage 3. Did you guys happen to read the new write up in Sport Compact Car? Granted it's not the best mag out there, but it expains the Evo quite well.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't see your response here till just now. Did you ever do some track time and see what your car traps at? I would be interested in knowing your trap speeds, they are usually a good indicater of how fast the car is, while ET's are usually a good indicator of how fast the driver is. I can tell you from first hand experience that I have seen with my own two eyes that the EVO's down at Maple Grove, and Cecil County are trapping 99-102mph when stock. My car is also trapping 99-100 with my slipping clutch which will be replaced in the next week or so, so I am sure I will pick up an extra couple mph since I can actually hold the power I am making, plus the 12lb flywheel. I still bet that I would hold my own on a STOCK evo with a fresh and broken in clutch from a roll. I would even be interested in meeting up with your buddy in the EVO if he is ever around York. I am not saying I will pull on one, I don't know what would happen but I do bet it would be a very close race.

And whats up with the dingdong comment fucko? You don't know me...........

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
man, if you ever race the evo Big Dong, let me know cuz ill be near Lancaster b/c i go to school at Etown.

i wanna see this sheezy fo' reezy

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Dong:
Didn't see your response here till just now. Did you ever do some track time and see what your car traps at? I would be interested in knowing your trap speeds, they are usually a good indicater of how fast the car is, while ET's are usually a good indicator of how fast the driver is. I can tell you from first hand experience that I have seen with my own two eyes that the EVO's down at Maple Grove, and Cecil County are trapping 99-102mph when stock. My car is also trapping 99-100 with my slipping clutch which will be replaced in the next week or so, so I am sure I will pick up an extra couple mph since I can actually hold the power I am making, plus the 12lb flywheel. I still bet that I would hold my own on a STOCK evo with a fresh and broken in clutch from a roll. I would even be interested in meeting up with your buddy in the EVO if he is ever around York. I am not saying I will pull on one, I don't know what would happen but I do bet it would be a very close race.

And whats up with the dingdong comment fucko? You don't know me...........

[ August 19, 2003: Message edited by: Big Dong ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No disrespect intended on the screen name...I read it quick while on the west coast (with a couple under my belt)edited the original post. There is another guy that uses that as a handle on another board.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaneye:

No disrespect intended on the screen name...I read it quick while on the west coast (with a couple under my belt)edited the original post. There is another guy that uses that as a handle on another board.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All is well then, didn't know how the comment was directed. I think you actually know some of my buddies from up at APTuning and the Reading/Harrisburg area.

Anyhow, as I said, I would love to get a run with an EVO, see if you can round one up for me. I am not saying I would pull, or keep even, but I very well may from what I have seen when at the track, mine seems to be a factory freak and has pretty high trap speeds for pump gas and no catback. We will see...........

[ August 20, 2003: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts