VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have an 85 jetta and it needs a new muffle cat back and all does anyone have any ideas on what are good ones in the lower end price range.....thanks soo much for the help

·
Registered
400 Posts
if it was me i would go to a local shop that bends exhaust and have them bend you one and buy a borla muffler save your self 100 bucks

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Most Muffler shops just crush bend the pipes, plus TT fits good and the hangers are perfectly placed...

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by onebadassgti:
if it was me i would go to a local shop that bends exhaust and have them bend you one and buy a borla muffler save your self 100 bucks<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want it to rattle like hell you're going the right direction. Crush bent tubing and bad fitting, horrible joints, and most of them just cut the flange off your old exhuast without making the hole in it bigger. so it still flows like a 1.75" exhaust.

TT sells more exhausts for a MK2 Golf every day than most exhuast shops will ever make. Trust them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
personally, pacesetter has a very nice 3 piece exhuast for around $150

·
Registered
140 Posts
i had mine made at a local muffler shop and it doesn't rattle at all and i got it almost 2 years ago. if you want to go cheap, go muffler shop. if you want to spend alittle more money, i would go with techtonics

·
Registered
192 Posts
yes tt is best but euro adds more hp and is a lil cheaper but tt is dependable if u get the ss will last u longer than car will.. supersprint is nice to a lil more pricy but oftt wins ever course poll so i would go with the safe bet and get tt ss if u can
g/l

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Euro doesn't add more hp, its all relative numbers Colin. TT w/ borla flows better then a eurosport and sounds better. What makes you think eurosport gives more power? The numbers posted by the manufacture? In any case, its 1-2 hp.

Edit: Colin, ever hear or a comma or a period?

[ February 21, 2004: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

·
Registered
192 Posts
lol.. yes it dose add moire hp according to the factory charts. to lazy to edit who cares? its is only 1-4 more.. eurosport dose sound nice. but as i said beofre tt is better.

·
Registered
140 Posts
if he gets techtonics he can save on shipping since he lives in WA, like me, or he can just drive to OR and pick it up

1 - 16 of 16 Posts