VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I am attempting to replace the cat and am a bit confused.

When I look up the part on VW or aftermarket place like Rock Auto, all of the cats are 2 pipe 6 bolt.

My car is a single pipe 4 bolt, what is going on?

Where can I find the right part?

Ninja Edit: 2001 Jetta Wagon 4cyl AZG

TIA
Rogan

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Oem is 1 pc. From the manifold to the sleeve after the cat.
I would either buy an Oem pc. Or have a exhaust shop weld in an aftermarket cat.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually was looking for the whole part, both the cat and flex pipe are bad.

The problem is, when I look up the part, it is always listed with a two pipe connector to the manifold, mine is only 1 pipe.

The VW parts page shows 2 pipe, the bently service manual shows two pipe, and all the parts stores sell a 2 pipe.

But the car is only 1 pipe, so I do not know what part to get. Why are all the manuals saying 2 pipe?

·
Registered
517 Posts
Be sure to put in your engine code when looking up parts. There are 3 different 2.0 motor codes for 2001. AEG motors use the 2 pipe configuration, while it looks like the AVH and AZG motors use the single pipe.

Also try autopartswarehouse.com

Just stay away from the Evan Fisher brand. They are the least expensive but quality is very poor.

There is a Bosal convertor assembly there for $233 with free shipping.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Ecs tuning should have the part your looking for.debolt the down pipe remove it then from the center res the. Have a shop reuse the downpipe flange and have a new sownpipe fabed with a highflow cat welded in

1 - 6 of 6 Posts