VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had Meineke put on my Flowmaster catback exhaust (Aluminized) on my car about 2 weeks ago. It starting to backfire when i downshift and deaccelerate and it also makes this noise that sounds like the tires are rubbing. I went in and they put a resonator in to stop the backfiring and they said that they moved some of the piping to stop the rubbing noise, which was the problem. The noises stopped for a day, and now they are acting up again. I'm starting to get so pissed having to go back to Meineke and get these kinks worked out. What should I do?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
for starters dont have exhaust work done at chain stores. The work is very shatty. Flowmasters often have backpressuer issues, its normal

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
if you can afford it, bail on the flowmaster..they sound like they belong on hondas...go techtonics..its a bad ass exhaust system. just a thought...good luck

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would most definately stay away from a chain auto place for work like that! Exhaust work isn't that hard... As for the rubbing noise, maybe some of the hangars keep coming loose. Either way, keep taking it back to them, it's their F-up!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts