VW Forum banner

Exhaust Sound

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  tf242 
#1 ·
I was wondering if anyone could post some sound file of their exhaust. Im looking at the tt system w/flowmaster(cheap)but want to hear others before I buy. Also I may put in a header. Would this change the sound at all?
Thanks for any info.

#4 ·
I´d like to quiet down my exhaut system - the prev. owners put on a new crap one, and the car sounds (especially at around 2800 rpm) like an old prop airplane. Hints, tips, weblinks to places where "quiet" exhaust systems can be bought would be very welcome indeed!

#5 ·
yea im happy with my neuspeed cat back system on my 96 jetta , not a all around loud exhaust like i have on my 92 golf i like haven a more tuned sound on it. its loud when ur on it but daily driving its nice.

#7 ·
Thanks for the replies. Im looking for some sound files on a 4 cylinder vw with exhaust. Your replies are very helpful in my search for the right system.

#9 ·
I have RACTIVE DTM dual 2" muffler (I ordered it in pieces as I wanted it tucked in nicely, so had to put 2 extension pipes in between the muffler and the tips) and it only sound loud beyond 3500RPM. But let me tell you, it sounds good. After 1.5 years I am still satisfied with the CAD $600 invesment (Installed of course). Had no complaints from anybody that has heard my car, yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.