VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
watup fellas?? this is my first time to the forum and am wondering about what kind of exhaust would go best on my 95 Golf III....I've looked at so many but it's tough to just pick one. anyway that you guys could suggest some good ones, and ones that have worked really wel for your car? thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Well that all depends how much r u lookin to spend R u lookin for full cat back or just muffler Im running 2.5" pipein all way back with a hallowed out cat and a rice fart can for now it sounds good but i want a a duel tip i love the sound of superspirit mufflers or techtonics i can send u some sites if u need

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah man, i would definitely appreciate some sites to check out...thanks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
if you got the bucks... nothing beats a little research and a custom system setup for the mods that are done or will soon be on the car.... just food for thought.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you've got nothing but basic mods to your car (IE-chip, air filter) then you're pissing in the wind by trying to reinvent the wheel. Aftermarket systems from TT, Eurosport, etc will be more than sufficient. Custom isn't always better. Keep in mind that most muffler shops don't have a mandrel bender. What most places do is crush bend the tubing which significantly reduces the cross-sectional area of the piping. You want a Mandrel bent system like the aforementioned companies offer.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
the aftermarket for vw exhausts should have exactly what you need IF you just want basic performance. if you plan on forced induction in the future as i do, then customize one. but as vwmike said dont go to midas or some chain, thats also part of the research. find a good shop that does what you want. only you know the plans you have for your dub. custom exhausts are not for everyone, remember that.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok people, i have it down to Neuspeed, TT, Magnaflow and Ractive...I'mm leaning more towards the Neuspeed catback for my Mk3, but i'd like some feedback on what people think i should choose...thanks

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i have a neuspeed cat back system on my 96 jetta, so far im happy with it, its not obnoxiously loud, but gives a nice tuned sound to your car. i needed something a little more quiet after i sold my 92 golf which had a loud ass exhaust on it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts