VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im in the market for an exhaust system i know that this is a topic that we frequently discuss on the forum and that the tt borla is always the winner. however i do alot of highway driving and am looking for a quiet performer.i was wonderig if any one had heard anything good about autotechs aluminized systems. this would be going on a 1998 2.0 jet thanks for your input gentleman.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Once again I think TT/Borla will win...Its about as quiet as u are going to get. Since the 5th gear ratio stucks and you are at 3500rmp at 70mph alot of exhaust will be getting anoying about then. TT/Borla isnt bad at all. Iv gone on several 1hr + rides on the highway at 80mph+ and have not even noticed she had exhaust (TT/Borla)

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you want quiet go with Remus or Fox. I just got a Fox dual exhaust and it sounds great. It is still breaking so it is not at its full tone yet, but it won't be very loud at all.

·
Registered
194 Posts
And that is why I have a wack-ass exhaust.

Seriously though, i like my muffler, and the other day I saw a GTI VR6 with an apexi muffler.
. It seems that it's catching on.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by White Rabbit:
and the other day I saw a GTI VR6 with an apexi muffler.
. It seems that it's catching on.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets Pray Not

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey man, rice or no rice, the muffler seems to work good. I mean I know that it's better to keep the DTM style with neuspeed and tt and rest, but the apexi seems to attract more attention. I have people telling me," Damn! that's a huge-ass muffler!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by White Rabbit:
Hey man, rice or no rice, the muffler seems to work good. I mean I know that it's better to keep the DTM style with neuspeed and tt and rest, but the apexi seems to attract more attention. I have people telling me," Damn! that's a huge-ass muffler!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yah, and huge ass muffler is a compliment? To Each his own I guess.

·
Registered
70 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EastCoastVw97Vr6:
HEY NOW dont go fuckin up a perfectly good VW so it can sound like a fuckin weed whacker
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed, but not in those words.. a Dub should sound nice and deep, unlike MOST rice-mobiles

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Techtonics seems to have gotten thier shit together. I've always considered them the best quality per $ out there, but not the outright best overall.

I installed a TT 2.25 system with a Borla and a race downpipe on a '77 Scirocco with a 16v a couple weeks ago, and it just about fell together. Fit was awesome, sounded sweet. Very impressed.

I've also worked with Brospeed/Bosal, Autotech, Supersprint, and Eurosport exhausts in the past. As much as I LOVE the Supersprint I have now, If I had to buy another system tomorrow, I think TT would get my money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts