VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HEY GUYS SORRY FOR STARTING A NEW TOPIC ON THIS BUT I WENT OVER THE SITE WHERE THEY TESTED THOSE 13 EXHAUST SYSTEMS AND I HAD A FEW QUESTIONS. I LIKE THE LOOK AND SOUND OF THE MAGNAFLOW BUT THE DYNO SHOWS THAT IT LOST 5 HP. THIS WAS A CAT BACK SYSTEM. THEN I LOOKED AT THE REMUS RESONATOR BACK AND IT GAINED 12 HP. I AM CONFUSED BY THIS. IF ANYONE HAS SOMETHING TO ADD TO HELP ME DECIDE WHAT TO BUY PLEASE DO SO. THANKS ALOT.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
my magnaflow didnt seem like it lost 5 hp! if you go to the magnaflow site, they have a dyno on a beetle and it got somethign like 5 or 7.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also put a magnaflow cat back exhaust on my 2000 Golf 2.0 And noticed an improvement. Personally I like the sound and quality of the magnaflow

·
Registered
844 Posts
From my understanding, it's very difficult to consistantly dyno a 1.8T motor. With such a small intercool, heat-sink becomes a major problem, and I think that's what their results show. They show the Supersprint system losed 2hp and only gained 3lb-ft, but I've seen other mag's dyno JUST the Supersprint system and It gained around 10-15hp and about 15lb-ft.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
What site is that with the tests of the 13 different exhausts?

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
that is a real nice comparison that european car did. they have sound clips and dyno sheets for all of the tested exhausts.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i've found a place where u can order the eg solids for about 650 i believe. When i find the link ill post it.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
sounds pretty sweet. does anybody know roughly how much more hp you can get from a 2.5" cat back system, compared to a 2.25" cat back system? just wondering. thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts