VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yea im working on my car this winter and i was loooking too buy exhuast im looking at the nuespeed or the tt/borla i never heard of the borla until i found this site about a week ago sooo if you could tell me what one to pick and why it would bee great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just put a TT w/ borla system on my Golf and it's amazing. I would highly recommend it, and like Josh said....End of story man

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I agree, don't even consider anything but tt/borla x-gf just got it on her jetta, everyone loves it

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welll sinc eyou both said that could you tell me why.. is it b/c the nuespeed is too much and not worth it or is is b/c the tt is that much better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't have anything against the neuspeed system. In my research I heard nothing but great things about Techtonics and I saw no reason for spending hundreds more for the Neuspeed catback when it really wouldn't give me any more of a hp gain over TT. Even though we're given you our thoughts and opinions, its really up to you to make the final choice and do some research of your own. I'm sure either system would be fine, I just picked Techtonics b/c of my overall impression with the quality of the system and how it would sound on my car. Best of luck to you man

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
neuspeeds parts IMO are not that good. They have the name reconation over the smaller compaines. The exhaust is over priced and the sound can get bad after awhile, i'v heard several neuspeed systems with some nasty backpressure issues

·
Registered
194 Posts
TT w/Borla or Neuspeed? NEITHER. I got an APEXi N1 muffler for around $200. Then took it to the local muffler shop and got 2.5 inch straight piping from the cat to the muffler. It came out to $300 all together, it added a great deal of HP, and it sounds like the devil.

-P.S it sounds way better than those rice burning Honda's out there. VEE-DUB BABY!

·
Registered
45 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by White Rabbit:
TT w/Borla or Neuspeed? NEITHER. I got an APEXi N1 muffler for around $200. Then took it to the local muffler shop and got 2.5 inch straight piping from the cat to the muffler. It came out to $300 all together, it added a great deal of HP, and it sounds like the devil.

-P.S it sounds way better than those rice burning Honda's out there. VEE-DUB BABY!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

keep in mind muffler shops cant do mandrel bending - the machines are too expensive. Autotech claims, on a 90 degree bend, that a mandrel bent pipe will flow 37% more air. Just something to think about

·
Registered
194 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Yes to magnaflow. I simply bought the muffler and cut the resinator and ran 2 and a half all the way back. I got my pipe done for under 100 bucks. it sounds bad ass and is a very nice dtm style exhaust.
If you go to the topic -Magnaflow- you will see that DirtCheap97Jetta also modified his exhaust in the same way as me except he used a Magnaflow muffler instead of a Apexi. It's cheap, easy, adds more HP than a resonated cat-back system. And we all know that almost every aftermarket retailer sells their cat-back system with some sort of resonator to keep down the decibel level on an exhaust system, especially in California, the state which has the most automobile modification restrictions. Most 'competent' muffler shops either have a mandrel bender or they carry pre-mandrel-bent piping in stock for cases such as these. 'Keep in mind' most aftermarket cat-back systems need modification for clearancing purposes and for hanger locations. Nothing bolts-on perfectly unless it's an OEM part. Then again, I'm not trying to force anyone to do anything, but I just thought I'd inform everyone on a cheaper alternative. No beef iceguy.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
White rabbit;
your car sounds so badass, but did u get Apexi crap???

TT/Borla still gets my vote. Custom piping is only good when it isnt crush bent. for 100$ more stick with the fitted and tried and tested tt catback. Chain muffler shops to shatty work

·
Registered
9 Posts
How's the sound level in the car with the TT for 'round town driving?

I just ordered Brospeed, I figure Bosal does a lot of OEM it should have a bit better fit and finish lower dB (except when you're ON it), also I figured it's got stainless parts which couldn't hurt. It's a bit more money.. any opinions?

[ January 04, 2004: Message edited by: paladin ]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts