VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
if you dont plan on modding the car it is most likely well worth the $$... no matter what happens(CEL, audio, engine probs, anything based on the manufacturer). i dont have an extended warrenty but have used my dealer warrenty plenty of times

·
Registered
6 Posts
They have various options for the warranty.
Basically it runs anywhere from 3yr/60,000 to 6yr/100,000. Depending on your need, I guess one can choose different options.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have the extended on my GTI, to date, it has saved me about five grand. I highly reccomend it for a daily driver, but if its going to be a pet car, I probably woudn't get it.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
If you've already owned your car for a couple years can you still purchase the warranty, or are you getting a new car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I need some advice on extended warranty issues. I own a 2002 Jetta 1.8T and my 80K warranty is just about to finish. I drive about 100KM back and forth everyday. One of the guys at the dealorship suggested that I get the extended warranty. Has any purchased the extended warranty?? If so, have you ever used it?? It costs about $2300CAD and I am just wondering if it's worth the money. Thanks for your help. [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts