VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my fucking window just fel out of my drivers door. this sucks since this is the second time. the first time happend when i first got the car and it was the pass window.
now its the drivers. when i first brought it to the dealer they told me that no one had a replacement regulator in stock and it would take 6 months to get one. now i am heated couse i have 4000 miles on a 2002 and i can use my pass window this is bullshit. so i started such a big deal at dealer that somehow a regulator poped up holyshit ....
then to make up for their stupitity they said they would replace the drivers regulator since they new about a recall coming out soon..no problem so tonight once again my fucking window fell of... all that bullshit that they fixed my drivers side too. fucking assholes if that dealer wanst so far i would break the managers face..(scumbag). thats DHC Volks in new jersey..
am i pist... i had nothing but bad luck with this shitbox a 2002 GTI 1.8t...

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
That sucks, dude.

I am not pleased with my local dealer either. Thank God I will never go there again for service since I have my brother's shop to go to now.

I don't want to call names, but it is NOT Leavens VW in London. It is the other shitty dealer that is under my skin.

I should have bought my DUB at Levens or Leavens (sp?).

But on a side note, I love my DUB.

[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Sorry to hear that man. Did they replace it with the new metal window reg's?? I will tell you that no matter what new car you get, (even honda at that) you'll encounter some problems. I've been lucky with my dealer. They have gone out of there way to help me out when ever i have a problem and are up-front with me because they know i do my research before i go in. best of luck with your windows. hope you get them fixed ASAP!!
jon

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I feel your pain man. That happened to my driver side door after a few thousand miles, and my passenger after about 35k. They weren't making the metal ones when I got it replaced, but I hear they are now. I know my friend who has a 2000 Golf got a letter in the mail from VW saying to bring it in and get it fixed, like there was a recall, I never got anything though...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the next morning i got hooked up at POTAMKIN
VW in manhattan. great service. car done in 1 hour.looks like my new dealer to be ..
i do love my GTI ....

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
man, those damn window regs are a pain!

·
Registered
65 Posts
This happened to me too. I was at the car wash my car was filthy. All my friends where there looking at my new dub. They asked if i could do the windows with the key like in teh commercial i was like hell yeah. Then bam. Both driver and Pass. windows fell in the doors. lol. No car wash for me. I went to the dealer they fixed it on the spot and washed my car for me. lol. God i love european cars. Hope you guys got a good laugh out of my story i look back and its pretty funny. Later

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
that is amusing yes. but i bet your friends will never let it got that they were suppose to go up, not down! i hope that everyone that has this problem gets it al fixed. my bro hasnt had this problem, and if it happens while i am in care of his car, i am..well i have been swearing too much so i am not going to say it but y'all know what i was going to say.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
atleast you can use the drivers one... during the summer i was driving around with my sun roof and passenger window open.....damn regulators

1 - 9 of 9 Posts