VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, I am soliciting input on my AC issue. I tested my wiring going to the 14-pin connector on the FCM, and I get power to the appropriate pins with key ON and engine off with the blower fan running. However, my cooling fans won’t spin. I applied power to the the low speed and high speed on the individual fans directly from the battery, and both speeds work properly. I happened to noticed that when I partially connected the 14-pin connector to the FCM, my cooling fans will spin, but when I fully push the connector onto the FCM, the cooling fans shut off. The connector terminals and wiring look okay to me. Anybody had any experience with this issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Update: other than testing the duty cycle on pin 2 of the fcm 14-pin connector (because my electrical meter lacks that function), all of the other fcm tests appear to be good. However, I did note that pin 3 was grounded intermittently. If I apply battery power to pin 10, I hear the ac compressor clutch engage. When my AC button is illuminated and the indoor blower fan is running, my cooling fans still don’t spin and the ac compressor clutch does not engage. Lastly, my vag com won’t connect to the “Auto HVAC module”. Does anyone think that my ECU may be faulty?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts