VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this post was fueled by the mention of a dub commercial in another post... so whats you favorite dub commercial??

Mine is the GTI, the guy throws his shoe up it the tree, the gti falls out... "next time let the clutch out a little easier!"...lmao... thats it...hehe oh and runner up is the guy tackling the grocery kart to save his Jetta!!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i think my fav is when the Mk4 came out. with the Jetta outside and the guy telling his wife to come outside and doing hte cool window thingy! man, it was not only educational, but very cool! it made me love VWs just that much more!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
That's my favorite too!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

copy cat...lol... kool!! Ive had alot of my friends say thats their fave!!

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I like the one timmy mentioned, plus the GTI up in the tree!! I also really like the Cabrio one where they are just driving around.
jon

·
Registered
167 Posts
i liked the commercial for the new MK4's that came out awhile ago. It was a black jetta cruising down the road with a couple in the car. They had the music synced with the windshield wipers. It was a pretty cool commercial.

I also liked the guy tackling the shopping cart.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
the gti in the tree is my fav. I saw how they made that commercial on the vw website. it was really cool. they had to put a big metal plate under where they were going to drop the car (so the tree's roots were not damaged). and they first tested on an old rabbit. when they dropped it, it like killed the suspension. they used a huge electromagnet truck (like they have in the junkyards). very cool.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
YEa, I like the one with the synchro'd music.

I also liked:

The one with the two guys that pick up the chair that stinks,

The one where they tie the mattress to the top and te the doors closed,

The monsoon commercial with the "Mr. Roboto" song.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I also have to go with
"Mr Roboto"
followed by the
"get your own" when the guy claims his by licking the handle at the dealership.
And last but not least..
the "yO Coop!" commercial when the guy wakes his buddy up the day he bought his car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIboarder:
Gonnna have to go with the guy throwing himself in front of the shopping cart and the mr. roboto, funny stuff<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

those are my two favorites. have not yet had to put my life on the line to save mine from a cart, but definately would.

·
Registered
335 Posts
favorite dub commercial:
1. the one where the music is sync'd to the windshield washers was pretty cool.
2. the one where a guy is walking down a city street, and every time he turns away, or bends over to tie his shoe, or whatever, a VW cruises by. the end of the commercial, they say "Your new VW is closer than you think". i had to laugh, because right after i saw that, i drove from Harrisburg to Dover, DE and i saw about 30 of them. i spent the whole day with this secretive grin on my face....my girl thought i was nuts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
You guys are forgetting the one where the guy licks the drivers door handle on the Jetta just as the salesman is gonna demo it to another customer....

·
Registered
380 Posts
I love the one with the GTi in the tree and the one when that guy is on the phone and the salesmen comes out to take the silver jetta on a test drive and he licks the door handle. you gotta love that one. All of them are great, i dont think VW has disappointed me in them yet.

emir

1 - 20 of 36 Posts