VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I missing something here? I can't seem to get the rotor off the distributor. Any tips/tricks to this?

TIA

·
Registered
52 Posts
yup, the screwdriver never fails. Those things can get stuck like chuck sometimes. You can also grab the rotor with some channel lock plyers to pull it off. A lot of mechanics use a glue when they put on rotors, so if you didn't replace it the last time this might be the problem.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
You should be able to just pull it off.Try spraying the rotor with electrical cleaner.Then pry it a little with a screwdriver.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I just looked at mine and there is a 10mm bolt holding it on. i dunno it you have the same but id reccomend checking before you start prying with a screwdriver

·
Registered
180 Posts
if it doesn't easily pull off that could only mean one thing... you have a fixed rotor... this means that you have to "gently crush" (thats straight out of the haynes manual) the rotor so that it breaks off the stem... obviously make sure you don't break anything other than the plastic... don't ask me what vw was thinking when they came up with that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts