VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would you go about doing a fiber glass dash board i would like to do mine but i would need a little help on doing it
i would also like to no if you could do little parts to get better or something
can someone please get back to me and let me no on how to go about it thanks
adam

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dave
can i have that guys email or phone number do you no the cost of it or how long it would take
let me no
but i would like to get a hold of him thanks
adam

·
Registered
777 Posts
it is NOT a DIY project, i f'd up my ranger dash trying to do this and had to spend more money anyway to have someone fix it, it takes alot of time and sanding like dave said, the painting is the easy part, basically it will probably take 2 weeks to do....

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Adam,

Good buddy of mine Chris from Fibre-Tek makes custom fiberglass dashes. Like Doug's Cabby...everything starts with a mold. You need to determine if you want to steer close to stock or go custom. I know from Chris talking about some of the jobs he did it takes lots of man hours of molding, sanding and painting. If you want I can get you in touch with him and you can chit chat about it lemme know.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
After all those hours of work and money your left with a dash like Doug's. His dash is simply amazing. Good luck Adam with whatever you decide to do, but it doesn't sound like a DIY type job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts