VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever owned any Fikse wheels? They are sold by APR, and they have some pretty good looking wheels, but the thing I like the best is that they only weigh 18 lbs. for a 18" rim! Anybody know anything about this company, or have any other really lightweight wheels they want to recommend?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
One of the European Car Magazine's Project cars, a BMW M3 was equipped with a set of these wheels (BLACK RIMS). They claim that they rock. Issue from February 2002 ( I found it).

"Fikse Mach V wheel in Race Black anodized finish. The wheels weighed 20.75 lb and 20.0 lb for the front and rear, repectively, compared to 22.5 lb for the 7.5 x 17 -in. stockers -- very light for three-piece, 18-in. wheels. The three-piece Fikse wheels' clean look is due to the aerospace-spec body-fit bolts installed from the inside of the wheel." Part 7 Project BMW M3 by Pablo Mazlumian.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Well, I prefer OZ or BBS myself, and they both have 18" wheels that tip the scales at 18lbs. And I think they look better too. Plus, they aren't $800 a rim like the Fikse's are (or at least all the one's I've seen cost that much).

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brian D.:
SSR competitions are a nice wheel. I think they weigh around 18lbs for an 18x10. Tire rack has them if you want to take a look.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I love all of the above. BBS (are wicked as) they are used on most BMW, Ferrari and Wolfsburg edidtion cars, but one SSR rim stands out nicely the COMPETITION (Anthracite /w Mach Lip)

Check it out there:

SOME SSR RIMS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts