VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a shop in the Reading, Pa 19606 area that fills and redrills wheels. Willing to drive an hour and a half in any direction. Have a friend who runs a shop but he doesn't have time to do free work with his plate filled with paying customers. Also already talked with a buddy who deals with Wheel Collision in Bath pa. Looking for under $95 per wheel

Not looking to ship my wheels to somebody and not looking for metal inserts.
I want the wheels filled then redrilled.
Going 5x114.3 to 5x100.
Mill 5mm off the back pads.
Mill 2 faces to make them sandwich mountable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys I have talked with Tyler a few times. I know he can definitely get done what I need but my price range to keep the build to a budget can't go over $95 a wheel for the F&R.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you 100% it's just If I can get great quality for a great price why over pay.
Wc in bath does it for $140 per wheel I can get it from them for $115 per wheel through a friend.
Tyler's guy can do it for right around $125 per wheel plus shipping.
Talking to a place in Stevens pa. Who starts at $75 per wheel.
I would prefer to go with Tyler for my work but at $125 it's just out of my price range. To keep this build under budget.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Builds and budget do not go hand in hand....

Kinda how ppl price shop for retrofits...."Oh my buddy in town said he can do it"... or "the're cheaper options (ebay, used, DIY)..."

the next guy will always do it cheaper to get the sale/customer, but will it be done right....? It just bothers me when ppl put vendors up against each other for penny pinching. Sure you might save money and you get what you need, but its not fair to the vendors. Especially the independent guys.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
i run into that shit all the time. people come to me and want an overall paint job done and they emphasize they want it perfect and i tell them how much for labor and if they are serious i will price out materials and labor and they flip cause the guy down the road does it for nearly half the price. ive had a few cars come back to me after the guy down the road touched them asking if i can fix it and i wont touch them. paint lines everywhere, orange peel, full of dirt, who knows if the underlying surface was even prepped for adhesion right.

if i was doing a fill and drill i would want to make sure i had someone who was a good aluminum welder to do it. aluminum is a tricky metal to weld compared to steel

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No vender is being pinned against each other at all. I have never said this guy has give given me this price quote now beat it. I weigh out my options.
Just like when I had my elevel installed one guy wanted 1500 for the entire install another wanted half and both did great work why in the world would I shell out twice as much for the same quality of work makes no sense.

Also everyperson I have talked with I have first hand seen the work they do. Almost all 100% identical work but prices ranging from $75-125.
You can't sit here and tell me you would pay $4.50 for a gallon of gas when the same gas is down the round for $4.00.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have seen spintechs work and the work they do looks amazing, but i am trying to keep it local to avoid shipping costs. These faces weigh a decent amount.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Depends on how far down the road.
Haha, so true.

If the gas that was $4.50 was proven better quality, id be all over it. reminds me when ppl put 87 in when they should use 93. Then complain about carbon buildup later on down the road.:rolleyes:

OP... sounds like you have all your options. now its up to you.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
if you want to use spintech pm me and i can try and get you a good price. i bought my new wheels from them but refinished them myself

1 - 14 of 14 Posts