VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a monster flow filter that I wanna put on and was gonna make it all pretty and stuff. N/E ways my Q is... If I do this will it set the CEL???

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
im pritty sure it will only set it off if you put too much oil on the filter or your sucking in too cold of air or something. sometimes you get lucky and your cel does not go on, but so what if it does, just get a freind with a vagcom and clear the code or pay 30 bucks and have vw clear the code. its just something the comp dosent reconize. guys correct me if im wrong
rich

·
Registered
830 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thatcoolGTI:
Ive got a monster flow filter that I wanna put on and was gonna make it all pretty and stuff. N/E ways my Q is... If I do this will it set the CEL???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From my personal experience YES it will set a cel off.....a destroyed MAF. This happened to me on my VR6 with an abd quick flow. Some say it won't but this has been a large problem for awhile now, with many people having the same problem. It seems the CAI is a better way to go since the air has a larger route to travel and the air is not so turbulent when it reaches the MAF. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts