VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... of a new 2003 Silverstone GTI. Did everybody else already know that VW has stopped including fog lights, even as an option, for the GTI? Huh? If ever there was a car that needs fog lights... Other than that, wow. Friendly and helpful dealership service; these people sold me a car from Germany and had it waiting for me to pick up, detailed and warmed up.

Good fun, torque galore. I could live in 3rd gear. The first 500 should roll by pretty quickly. So, where do I get a cheap K&N?? Also, what kind of sticky rubber are people using? I am leaning towards the Yokos, but am taking suggestions.

I find the Monsoon nice. It lacks real Bass punch, but the bass that it does have is clear and well toned. Leather interior is, well, leather. Smells like dead cow. Shifter is tighter than some other VW's I've driven lately, which is a plus.

Okay, I'll find pictures eventually. I am accepting all suggestions for warantee friendly (performance only) mods. Drive safe kids.

-Steve

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Congrats!! They stoped including the foglights in 2003. I think i remember some are not even coming with sunroofs now.
jon

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Performance mods, eh? Well air filters are frowned upon, but if you just get a panel filter, you can switch it back before you bring it to the dealership. Exhaust would also be a good place to start.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
congrats on the new car...the fogs in the headlight are really not helpful anyway, get after market ones in the lower grill

i had yokos on an old set of ris and they were good...

the infinaty basslink system is pretty nice for an amp and sub in one

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on yor 03 GTI, Ive got the same car, but it black. On the fog light topic, can I get A//M housings in black w/ fog?

I second the MONSOON it could be better, but still sounds great stock.Seats are really comfy too, mine are cloth so I dont stick to them in the summer! lol

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
congrats on the dub man. sounds real nice! didnt know that about the fogs but i my car already came with built in fogs but you could get some xenon fogs like i have too. they are like 30 bucks and look sweet. for bass, you could add a sub to the monsoon to get some punch if you want. daves sounds great. as for the filter, just get a K&N from pritty much any performance store. theyre like 55 bucks. and dont effect your warantee to any extent. as for cone filters, suposivley they make you loose hp by sucking in heat. it was on a dyno. so i say start witha K&N and exhaust or something. then go from there. well congrats.
rich

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
congrats...the stock fogs add a little light, but not a whole lot. go after market for more light. k&n drop in + you can get oem performance parts from vw= exhaust, sport springs, wheels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts