VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see im new the vwforum...

Im planning on getting a 1.4 mk4 golf for my first car, seeing as this is the cheapest on insurance in the UK thats still a shit load!

The first mods im thinking of doing are rims (probably 18's, should fit fine rite?), headlamp and taillight conversion, tinted windows... i recon after a yr or so or at least til i have 1 yrs no claim, i will mod the engine to get it to a more respectable power... any ideas on engine mods for a 1.4?? and any other ideas on exterior would b cool to hear?

Cheers....

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm not too sure about mods for the 1.4. Most of us on here have a 1.8t or VR6. You might want to check in the New Beetle, Passat, Lupo, Polo section as there are more people there from outside the U.S.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
of the top of my head i can think of a few tuners that have mkiv 1.4 specific parts, but if you search there out there.

-Bosi makes some nice looking exhausts
-C.T.H. chip tuning in Hamont(?) makes some software supposedly good for 8hp & 12nm
-Raidhp or FK probably has some sort of air flow kit/panel filter upgrade
-B&B automotive in Germany makes some turbo upgrades for the 1.4, as well as some milder tuning http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de

there is actually quite a bit out there for this engine, i was surprised. anyway, good luck with the purchase, and i this short list can be of some help in the future.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
WELCOME TO VWF!

Like Dave said, not a lot of people from outside the US, but there are a lot of basic mods you could do. For example, Cold Air Intake (CAI), Exhaust, Chip, etc.

·
Registered
146 Posts
better than my first car.... 1978 civic hatch, custard yellow with piss colored primer right under the peeling paint. the exhaust pipe was smaller than my d!ck and the mighty 1.3 liter engine was big enough to hold in my two hands.

BUT IT HAD A ROOFRACK!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts