VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having some transmission/clutch problems. I just got a new clutch depression plate and clutch disc(at 57,000 miles), and sometimes when i am stopped, i have the clutch all of the way down, and i put it from neutral to first, the gear grinds when it goes in. I have no other problems with grinding in any other gear. Sometimes it won't even go into first gear, and i just throw the clutch up and down again and it goes in. Is this a clutch problem or even bigger transmission problem. My pre-asssured VW warrenty is up in 12 miles, great timing for this, hopefully the warrenty covers this if it is something big. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya these other problems seem to be when shifting at high RPM's, mine is when I am at idle, just sitting a t light or something, and i go to jam it into first without even touching the gas, and it still grinds when the clutch is all the way down...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
it is a common problem but for me it went away after my car was broken in.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
It is the Synchro, 1 good grind can mess them up forever. The part is said to be like $.40 but the labor in dropping and tearing apart the tranny gets expensive as u must know. If its underwaranty they should do it. Doesn't sound like a larger tranny problem to me..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts