VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stupid parking garage that I use has curbed 3 of my 4 Monte Carlos. At this point its not worth the battle of having them replce them becuase they will just ruin them again. Other than sending them out for refinishing, anyone have any ideas for a possible home fix?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimmyC:
The stupid parking garage that I use has curbed 3 of my 4 Monte Carlos. At this point its not worth the battle of having them replce them becuase they will just ruin them again. Other than sending them out for refinishing, anyone have any ideas for a possible home fix?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If its a "home" fix you want... you could file them down and give em a fresh coat of paint and clearcoat. Please keep in mind that I've never heard of anyone thats done this themselves.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
well i have two Monte's for sale. They are in very good condition.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
the rims that me and my buddies bought for zach were curbed real bad but the guy sent them out and the the lip redone. so it is possible you jsut gotta find a place to do it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info -- If I knew they weren't going to trash them again, I would have them buy me new ones, but until I move out of NY, I just have to look at curbed rims.

Every time I think of it I get sooo pissed off.

parking garages

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: JimmyC ]

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JimmyC:
Thanks for the info -- If I knew they weren't going to trash them again, I would have them buy me new ones, but until I move out of NY, I just have to look at curbed rims.

Every time I think of it I get sooo pissed off.

parking garages

[ July 28, 2003: Message edited by: JimmyC ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

have you tried parking in a different garage? or maybe threatening someones well-being if they damage your rims? I can't believe they can't avoid curbs - seriously it isn't that hard.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
that sucks. I would def get new wheels if I were you, and possibly change garages if you can. hope things get better.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's a question of the lesser of evils, they have so many cars there, they really don't care if they lose a customer. Believe it or not, this garge is actually one of the better ones -- my last garage Ferris Buelered my Explorer. Went to pick it up on a Friday and it wasn't there, didn't show up until 4 days later with 300 miles on it. At least they were nice enough to put gas in it for me.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
my last garage Ferris Buelered my Explorer. Went to pick it up on a Friday and it wasn't there, didn't show up until 4 days later with 300 miles on it. At least they were nice enough to put gas in it for me.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK you just made me feel so uncomfortable. LOL I feel like running to the garage and look if my car is still there. Thanks Jimmy now I won't sleep at night.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Yea, We're getting two new rims on my wifes NB.... last time I took it in for service they rotated the tires, and the damn fool that did it bounced the air gun all over the face of the rim while tightening the bolts on (way too tight I might add)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Thomas didn't mean to do that to you. Just take note of your mileage everytime your leave the car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dubwink:
the rims that me and my buddies bought for zach were curbed real bad but the guy sent them out and the the lip redone. so it is possible you jsut gotta find a place to do it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How much did that cost?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
well i dont think you wanna know haha. it was alot but thats because he got them custom painted too. it was something like 700+ or something like that. but you wouldent be paying for a chrome lip or powdercoating.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Air Guns

A friend of mine just got an Acura RSX. He got a flat and couldn't get the lugs off to fix it and had to call roadside assistance. the tow truck driver though he was a fool until he couldn't get the lugs off either and he was using a 3 foot bar.

·
Registered
10 Posts
one word TORQUE STICK
had the same problem with my girlfriends 98' bug
Americas Tire desided to use a Air Hammer on Aluminum wheels, they even used it with the wheel lock.
So when it came time to do the brakes I couldn't get the freakin wheel lock of because they bent it.

I would be carefull about waiting to claim wheel damnge untill you leave, they may try and say you did the damage because you didn't report it right away.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I point out every scratch on the car everytime I see something new. I'm actually surprised that they haven't kicked me out of the garage yet.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts