VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can I get fender flares and the strip that goes at the bottom of the door and do I have to do any mods. to get these strips under the doors to fit since my car did'nt come stock with them. Thanks

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
if you get the old style ones which stick on then no mods. If you get the newer ones then you need to drill holes. I'd get the g6o flares, which came on 90-92 gti 16v's. They're bigger and look better. Or you can get the ones like on mycar with the fatter side moldings and normal flares. Both you'll have to drill holes to mount the moldings. The early ones with the skinny side molding and normal flares use double sided tape so those would be the easiest. Good luck

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
if you're looking for new i don't know where you'd get them but i would look in salvage yards for most of the stuff. maybe rpi might sell the flares and moldings but not sure. Good luck

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i would like new ones RPI has the flares but not the moldings that go under the doors. so if any one knows where they can be purchased please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could really use some help cant find the flare moulding that runs under the doors. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts