VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I started my car up today and the Check Engine Light was flashing and it was driving really rough like it's having trouble accelerating. It's giving me delays when I push on the gas so all of this leads me to believe I'm getting misfires and it could be a coil issue. I replaced my spark plugs today but I'm still getting misfires and delay acceleration. So with that, How much would you say it would cost to fix ?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,443 Posts
Is it rainy where you are at? Could be a cracked coil pack. Scan it is the first step.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's been Rainy, is it only like that because it's been rainy an fix it self ? Or will I have to fix it now?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Like Fubar says be good if you can scan with Vagcom or VagPro and see if you're misfiring on a particular cylinder. If its moisture getting in then when the engine has dried out you can try spraying a mist of water around the coil pack or harness and see if you can replicate the problem.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My car does that when I don't drive it and it sits in the rain too. But other times its fine, confusing as hell.

·
Registered
335 Posts
agreed, that or the wires leading to them.

check to see if there cracked, and remember, you replace on coil pack, oyu have to replace them all...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey guys is ECSTuning a legit site to buy from ? because they are coilpacks for really cheap. Just want to make sure.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
yes they are.. i buy alot from them.. the k04 shit that im rockin intercooler.. suspension.. well you get the idea. theyre one of the biggest my friend.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
ya they are the shit! fo sho that sucks i hope i never have the problem...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright thanks a lot for the help. Hopefully my baby will be back to normal again here soon.

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
whats the serial number on the coil packs theres some revisions of coil packs that have been recalled id check with the dealer first before buying it on your own u might get the coil packs for free if it is a recall.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts