VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anytime it rains lately I notice that my drivers side front and rear floor gets SOAKED with water.. any ideas?

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Sunroof drains are clogged, this causes the track to flood and flows down the headliner into the floor. Touch under your visor I bet its damp there. If you open your door on the jamb near the hinge there is a black nipple....pinch it. Water should come out. Most just cut them so water will flow freely.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
headliner isnt damp anywhere, But I poured some water down the drivers side drain hole in the sunroof area and the water just dripped out that little hose when I pinched.
I did the same to the other side and it flowed freely. So im assuming theres just crap clogged in the hose somewhere on the drivers side?

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
^

windshield seal, sunroof drains, door seals, or cabin air filter box are the common problems.

there was a recall for sunroof drains for mk4s.. call a vw dealer and run your vin.. see if yours is eligible for the recall for the drains.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
door seals look fine, cabin air filter area is dry, and the headliner and A pillars are not damp. I called the dealership and they said there's no open recalls for my car.
So I'm thinking my sunroof drain is just clogged somewhere? But if it is, where would it be entering the car at if nothing is wet but the floor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts