VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
morning all, good to have the forum back, i've been missing my fix

i'm trying to get some floor mats for the front and rear of my car, as i don't really want the carpet to get all messed up, but have no idea what i'm looking for. been into some shops and everyone tells me something different - damn commission sales!

are there 'official' vw ones you can get from a dealer or does anyone have any part numbers or makes they'd recommend, nothing too expensive, but i don't want cheap shite!

uk advice and pointers would be a plus!

thanks

G

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
those are sweet, and if you go to mats.com they have a bunch of good mats that are custom for your car. i need some too cause right now i love my mats with litte vw signs emboryderd (sp?) on them adn i have paper bags over them so they dont get messed up haha
rich

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just bought the same Monster Mats as DB on Saturday. With the winter weather, they're a great buy. I get in the car after in stepping in snow & I don't worry even about messing up the carpet.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I have the JETTA mats for about a year now and they are worth every penny.

I love them. I paid about $150 Canadian and I would do it again if I had to.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I will be in the market for some mats probably in the spring/summer. Does anybody know if they make a nice carpet mat with the "heel pad" on the driver side mat? that spot is wearing through, and I just would rather have a thicker spot right there where my feet are moving(shifting) around a lot. thanks.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
See that is the reason I got mine. I didn't care about the slush. (well maybe a little).

The unfortunate thing is that I got mine too late and there is a little wear in my original carpet. Oh well. I should have gotten the nice and thick mats DB shows up there earlier. By the way... my rear mats do not have the JETTA logo on them as shown above... only the front ones do.

[ February 10, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
18 Posts
In response to SilverGTI, Drivergear makes a carpeted mat with the driver heelpad. Don't know the cost off the top of my head.

Check it out at drivergear.vw.com!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Speaking of the Monster mats, how the #*$& do you get these things to stay put in the car. The factory carpet mats snap over the little posts, but the holes on the rubber mats seems to be a little to small.

Did you have this problem? If so, what did you do?

Should I make the holes big enuff for the mats to fit?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
These do snap down to the original holes, Tony. I had a little problem aligning the holes in the rear of the car (no problem with driver and passenger though)... but since I never ever have anybody in the rear it didn't bother me that much. I did speak to the Dealeship and they just shrug their shoulders (hehehehe I know what can I say).

[ February 12, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
ohh ohh i smell group buy !!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

on monster mats that is !!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
mmmm monster mats group buy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm with SilverGti on those thicker carpeted ones, so if you can get a price for these ones count me in, actually if the price for the Monster Mats is decent I'm in too!

·
Registered
52 Posts
yeah the vw rubber mats are great, got them for about $105 cdn not including tx yet, but we knew the owner of one of the vw dealerships so he was able to give a bit of a discount. looks really sharp when u put them in.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i like how they look, expecially because they say gti on them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts