VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do u guys think is better: forge diverter valve or turbo xs bypass valve. DO u guys know which is louder and which is a better buy.
thanks

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I have the Turbo XS on mine and you can barely hear it with the stock air box. With the CAI you can hear it preaty good though. HTH
jon

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i get a k & n panel filter with the turbo xs bypass valve will it be louder then just a turbo xs bypass valve with stock filter?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
It might just slightly, but CAI let's way more air in then the panel filter does. At least I would think.

[ June 12, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dck:
if i get a k & n panel filter with the turbo xs bypass valve will it be louder then just a turbo xs bypass valve with stock filter?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well what's not letting you hear some of the noise is just the stock air BOX. It muffles alot of the sounds, buy getting the CAI you allowing more air in as thomas said plus you don't have anything really restricting the noise.
jon

·
Registered
223 Posts
I say change your stock diverter valve because it may be leaking hehe this goes for the previous post. because after I chiped my car it got louder and loosing pover thats because it was leaking

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok, I have a Forge diverter valve. With a K&N panel Filter. You dont actually hear a lot of noise until you really open up the throtle. If i drive normally under 3000 rpm then my car is very quite. But once i get the car above 3000+++ rpm then you can really hear the engine well i have to say that i have a whole bunch of other mods too but with a CAI you will have a deeper tone from some of the other 1.8T'a that i have seen. Hope this helps

1 - 10 of 10 Posts