VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a 1989 Jetta GLi Wolfsburg yesterday, and fell in love.
-16V, 2.0L
-130,000 actual miles
-62,000 miles on engine
-red (repainted last year) w/ blue recarro interior
-2 new front wheel axles
-new front brakes
-4 new tires
-wheels painted (silver)
-new clutch
-new timing belt
-3 new belts on engine
--needs left wheel bearing
is a 2.0 better than a 1.8? how much power does this car have (hp)? I appreciate your help..

I am going to try to fit this in my budget. looks super clean, the interior looks real nice too. Well, I will see on Thursday. I am excited.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
you were telling me about it. man, it sounds sick! as the 1.8 to the 2.0 goes, i dont know. it depends. you can do so much to both engines but the 2.0 starts out with more power. so i guess it doenst depend, but i would take what you can get! man, i would jump on it if the price was right. get the Quad rounds on it, and you would be set!

·
Registered
349 Posts
was that the jetta at the intersection of rupp ave and old gettysburg rd? i used to work at the bike and ski shop right across the street if it is. that car is super sweet. has all the original pin striping with the 2.0 16v details. really really clean car as far as the interior and exterior goes but i dont know what the engine bay looks like. i think i heard that he wanted like 3300 or something like that for it which i dont think is bad at all for the condition of the car. definately let me know if you get it. good luck!!!!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup thats the one. I will let you know. I go to drive it today. I hope I can work it into my finances. I have to call my insurance agency today, to see how much extra it would be to put it on my policy. --bluemk2, did you notice the TAS volkswagon badging on it? do you (or anyone else) know what that means? thanks.

I was at the bike shop, to get my bike tuned up, and as I was leaving the parking lot, I saw this GLi.

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: silverGTI ]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts