VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i can get one new shipped for 90 bux but what do you guys think about it... the upper one

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Souds like a hell of a deal to me, I would go for it!

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i just got mine! i love it. go for it it makes the car look complete! however i feel that it looks good from different angles and looks a little weird from other angles. i'll post pics later on for u.

[ July 02, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
here are the pics.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no need to post the pics.. unless you want to .. i heard from a lot of people on vortex that this spoiler is made not how it is supposed to be.... i might have to pass this up becasue i am very anal and this would end up driving me crazy

thanks for all you help --> 1point8T

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
no prob big dub. but i do have to say that this is a beautiful wing and to get it for that price is a steal! if i had the choice again on which wing i would buy i would most likely go for the one that vw offers(not the 337) simply because it looks better imo.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
jon had one on his gti. it looked sweet. i was thinkin about gettin one too. not sure yet. where can you get yours for 90$?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
some dude on vortex has it for 100 shipped but i offered him 90 and he said that was fine

·
Registered
125 Posts
i actually think the spolier on the gti thats on the bottom of the window, is pretty cresay, that ones ok, go for ithtough, good deal

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1poin8T... did you install yourself?? how?? and do you notice any bubbles in the paint or any other flaws?

thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
btw.. i like it, looks good but i guess the stock antenna interferes with the spoiler huh?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
1poin8T... did you install yourself?? how?? and do you notice any bubbles in the paint or any other flaws?

thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i didn't install it myself i made the performance shop do it. i wanted a strong hold so they put some sort of glue and double sided tape. the hold is strong but there is a gap between the wing and the body of the car. YES I DO NOTICE BUBBLES IN THE PAINT AND PAINT CHIPS. the paint on the top of the wing does like a sort of wave. it was pointed out by my friends. i went back to the shop and freaked out on the ppl who did it and they said it was not there fault but the actual manufacturer. i don't know if this is true or not but i have some paint chips and scratches. i'll post pics of the scratches and anything else that bothered me.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
btw.. i like it, looks good but i guess the stock antenna interferes with the spoiler huh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya the stock antenna inferferes big time so i just removed it. that's the price to pay to have a wing. but it doesn't look that bad. i get a lot of people looking at my car now with that wing. it really stands out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts